Happy Window Cleaning LLC is a locally owned and operated cleaning company. Our completely safe cleaning process and procedure will provide you with the highest quality cleaning while at the same time preserving and protecting your property from damage often caused by inexperienced and or careless operators of high-pressure equipment. Our reputation and verifiable history will speak to our ability to achieve the desired results you are expecting. Happy Window Cleaning LLC is fully insured and proof of insurance is available immediately upon request.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or text us at 6169140720. Your 100% satisfaction is our goal. We not only want you to be happy, but we also want to “knock your socks” off with our customer service as well as our cleaning.
Thank you for placing your trust in Happy Window Cleaning LLC. We promise to treat your home with the utmost care and respect.
Pressure and Soft Washing Policies
for Prospect’s Due Consideration
As you anxiously wait for your scheduled date for us to clean your home, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with a few points about the results you can expect after the cleaning.
• Unless specifically stated, professional cleanings done by Happy Window Cleaning LLC are to remove organic matter. Inorganic stains such as rust, grease, etc. require specialty detergents and specific application methods. They may be removed for an additional fee if so requested.
• Removal of artillery fungus, which is caused by improper mulching, is not included in our house wash. Removal of the stem and or root system of English ivy, climbing vines, and other types of vegetation are not part of this proposal.
• Depending on the quality of your water, there may be some spotting and or streaking on windows. If this is a point of concern, we recommend you schedule your window cleaning after our appointment. If you’d like a quote for window cleaning, we will be happy to provide you with one.
• Unless specifically stated in your estimate, Removal of screens, and cleaning behind them is not a normal part of our house or building wash and is not part of this proposal.
• Please notify us of any items or surfaces that cannot get wet or have any form of detergent on them. If these items cannot be moved, we will cover them and use due care; however, we cannot be responsible for any damage.
• We request that you remove breakable or sentimental items from our work area(s) and move them indoors to a safe place. We will move small plants and patio furniture but due to liability, we cannot move electronics. While we use due care, we cannot be responsible for any damage caused to items left in our work area(s) including but not limited to: bikes, vehicles, grills, cushions, outdoor speakers, TVs, solar lighting, toys, potted plants, and ceiling fans.
• Oxidation on painted surfaces, vinyl siding, and other man-made materials is a pre-existing condition. Our soft wash NON-pressure cleaning process is used to remove mold, mildew, algae, and other organic stains and as little of the oxidation as possible. AS the surface dries after cleaning, oxidized or faded areas may reveal striping, stains underneath weep holes of siding, irregular spotting of the surfaces, and other such irregularities. While the surface will be clean, we cannot guarantee the outcome or be responsible for any inconsistencies in color, etc.
• Paint and stain can ONLY be effectively removed using a chemical stripper. Happy Window Cleaning LLC often prepares decks for staining using the Soft Wash method (without stripping); however, in such cases using a stain of like or darker color is recommended.
• We cannot be responsible for damage caused to or by non GFCI electrical outlets or loose lighting fixtures that are not properly attached.
• Please notify us of any products that were previously used on your house or roof that was not specifically formulated for professional exterior cleaning. Although we cannot be responsible for any negative side effects from the use of these products on surfaces your information could help prevent any possible chemical interaction, discoloration, streaking, or other such negative results to your home. While this is VERY rare, situations do arise and in some cases, we may decline to clean your home or have you sign a waiver releasing us from any liability if we proceed. Examples would include Pledge, car washes, car waxes, bleaches, weed killer, gasoline, vinegar, degreasers, store-bought products, etc.
• Although we inspect your home and request you also do so before payment, something can be missed. If you do notice something later, please call us and we will be back within 5 business days to address your concern.
• Some houses may ‘weep’ on themselves after a cleaning. If you notice a path of dirty water ‘weeping’ on your siding simply spray it lightly with a garden hose. That should be enough to rinse it without causing further ‘seepage’. If this does not work, please call us and we will be back within 5 business days to address it.
• The purpose of a NON-PRESSURE roof cleaning is to eradicate the algae, mold, moss, lichen, and such from your roof. We do not need to remove fallen leaves or other debris to do so. Your roof may require several applications and if so, they are done the same day. When completed, your roof may have a dirty tobacco-like look which will rinse off after a few good showers of rain. Moss and lichen turn white when it dies and may take several months for them to fall from your roof. Although it’s dead, the root system needs to ‘loosen’ its hold on your shingling and Mother Nature’s rain is the best and safest way for this to happen. Remember, the use of ANY pressure on your roof can void any remaining roof warranty.
• Upon completion of our cleaning, it may reveal imperfections in surfaces that were not visible before cleaning, heavy build-ups of mold and dirt, maybe hiding other problems such as cracks, oil or rust stains, wood rot, flaking or missing paint, and other signs of wear and tear. In some circumstances, the removal of a stain may not be possible or practical, and the replacement of surface or repainting may be necessary.
The cleaning solution recommended for this project is a low percentage of sodium hypochlorite
and phosphate-free detergents. Sodium hypochlorite is recommended as a cleaning
agent/algaecide as it will revert to the basic element of salt within a very short time frame.
All windows will be rinsed thoroughly to help minimize spotting or streaking. We use water softeners and rinse aids in our cleaning solution that are safe for widows but do not prevent streaking or spotting 100%. Window cleaning is not included in this quote. If you would like a price for window cleaning, we will be happy to provide one upon your request.
As a precaution, Landscaping will be pre-saturated and rinsed during and after the cleaning process. Additionally, the landscape will be fed with a soil bacteria-promoting fertilizer after the cleaning processes Happy Window Cleaning offers a “plant safe” guarantee on landscaping.
Area(s) to be cleaned will be policed for loose trash (i.e., cigarette butts, paper, plastics) and swept to a safe area to avoid introduction to drainage areas.
Happy Window Cleaning will coordinate with the property manager to close areas to pedestrian traffic where needed. Additionally, Happy Window Cleaning will set up caution cones and tape loose hoses with high visibility tape when crossing over pedestrian paths. Happy Window Cleaning to provide ample and sufficient pedestrian traffic control.
Lifts & Cranes
When moving over or working on sensitive landscape areas, thin concrete, or brick pavers,
Happy Window Cleaning will avoid damage by placing plywood runners under lifts to evenly
Material Safety Data Sheets
All Happy Window Cleaning vehicles will carry copies of MSDS documentation and be available at all times as per USDOT rules and regulations. Should the customer’s personnel wish to review MSDS sheets for all chemicals/solvents/detergents/agents
to be used on these projects before the inception of work, they will be made available upon
Stains and deposits of this nature are not included in this quote. These types of stains require special cleaning products and restoration equipment. If requested, we will be happy to provide a quote for the removal of these stains.
Rust stains, if proposed in your quote, will be treated with industry-standard chemicals and washed with appropriate pressure. Typically, rust stains can be removed in most circumstances; however, the cause of the rust stains must be addressed (i.e., rusting hardware, metal elements, etc.) or stains will reappear in a short time. Happy Window Cleaning cannot be held responsible for re-emerging rust stains that have been removed if the underlying cause of rust is not remedied.
General Liability and Vehicular Insurances
Happy Window Cleaning will maintain proper general liability ($2,000,000) plus, workers comp and proper commercial vehicular insurance coverage ($500,000 per vehicle) for the duration of any projects on the customer’s property. A COI with an additional named insured is available upon request.
All Federal, Local, and State Guidelines will be strictly adhered to and followed.
Cleaning all Exterior Surfaces according to the TACT Method. The right Temperature, Correct Agitation, The proper Cleaning Agent, and sufficient Dwell Time.
Soft Wash Metal Roof Cleaning
Gutter Cleaning (If needed or applicable)
We will clean out all gutters to remove debris and assure all downspouts are flowing properly. We will haul off all debris provided we have room in our vehicles, otherwise, we will be happy to leave it at your curb for your regular garbage pickup. If your gutters have protectors on them, then we will only be able to remove the debris from the tops, or what is laying on top of the gutters. We do not remove gutter protectors.
Soft Wash Tile Roof Cleaning
Our soft wash metal cleaning method will be used to remove all the black mold, mildew, and other organic stains, and return your metal roof to its original color. We do not use a pressure washer for cleaning the roof. Instead, we use a soft wash cleaning method and solution as prescribed by the Roofing Manufactures Association Guidelines. This means that your roof is cleaned safely, with no risk of damage. Our soft wash solution that consists of Bleach, for the killing of the mold and mildew spores, diluted with water, along with our Roof Cleaning surfactant (soap) that helps to minimize run off of the solution as well as aides in the cleaning process, is gently applied using less pressure than what comes out of your kitchen sink. Once we are done the roof is returned to its natural color, and the solution is left to continue to kill the mold and mildew spores. Rain eventually comes along and rinses any dead algae from the roof.
Please remember that when a metal roof is pressure washed using a pressure washer, this can not only cause damage to the metal and the fasteners but can also cause an irregular cleaning pattern in the form of striping. Our soft wash cleaning method prevents this.
Occasionally, once we are done, some light brown stains are left. They will look almost like a light haze. This is dead algae, (and is usually in the areas where the blackest mold stains were) and will be removed with two hard rainstorms. If after two hard spots of rainstorms, the light brown stains are not removed to your satisfaction, we will come back and retreat those areas at no additional charge. Again, this only happens occasionally and does not happen on every roof. I just like to make our customers aware beforehand.
Happy Window Cleaning LLC
Over the last several years the Exterior Cleaning Industry has witnessed several instances of houses and buildings changing colors during or after a cleaning. In virtually every case, the reason has been due to a certain paint(s), in the Sherwin Williams, Behr, and Benjamin Moore Paint line. This is not the fault of the company cleaning your property.
The paints that are affected most often contain magenta pigments, made with organic dyes. The paint color most often affected contains green and or blue colors and shades, but I have seen it happen on other colors as well.
Before we clean any painted surface, we always perform a test spot in an inconspicuous area. While this will not always reveal to us a color change, we are trying to do our due diligence in protecting your property. As stated above, this color change can happen after the cleaning is completed and is not the result of our cleaning or the cleaning solutions we use but is a result of the pigments and dye in the paint.
If you are concerned or aware that your house may have been painted with one of these Brands and or Types of paints or colors, please make us aware beforehand so we may discuss cleaning options. Happy Window Cleaning LLC cannot be held responsible or liable for color change caused by these paints.
Services Performed Disclaimer
Services performed by Happy Window Cleaning LLC are guaranteed to be to your satisfaction. However, certain negligence on the part of the property owner (or former owner) may interfere with the quality of work performed. Negligence may include but is not limited to:
Securing all doors, windows, screens, and light globes before cleaning.
Removing all furnishings and items before pressure washing.
Removing all automobiles from driveways and other personal property before cleaning services.
Your personal property is your responsibility, please protect it from solutions used during a professional cleaning. Keep in mind that sudden gusts of wind, "acts of God" can and do carry cleaning solutions away from intended targets. If your personal property is safely tucked away in storage and/or placed out of harm's way in your garage before cleaning it will not be harmed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is your number one priority when you power wash?
A: Our first rule is do no harm! More than getting the job done, it is our priority to protect your property, plants, and pets. Our crews are trained to do everything within our power to protect plants and property. We take every foreseeable precaution to ensure that your landscaping and personal property are protected and remain in the same condition or better than when we arrived at your site. We pre-wet all nearby plants and vegetation as a precaution, then continue as needed during the cleaning and treatment just to be extra protective of your plant beds.
Q: What is power washing?
A: Power washing or pressure washing, is the application of a pressurized water spray to surfaces that need to be cleaned. It is used on concrete to remove mold, algae, and dirt stains. It is a procedure used on concrete driveways, patios, and also on wooden decks to return the wood’s vibrant color. It is used on houses to remove pollution, mildew, and other problematic signs of aging. This is also the way to protect the commercial building against harmful contaminants like mold and algae.
Q: Why is power washing important?
A: Power washing your house or business is an important step in maintaining the quality and beauty of your residential or commercial property. It cleans away dirt and grime, making your exterior walls, deck, sidewalk, or driveway clean and aesthetic. Many roof and siding warranties are voided if proper maintenance is not kept up. Happy Window Cleaning uses manufacturer-recommended processes.
Q. What is soft washing?
A: Soft washing is a cleaning method to use for parts of your property that aren't suitable for traditional pressure washing. To avoid damage but still get an effective cleaning alternative, industry experts use soft washing, a method that relies on cleaning solutions to get the job done instead of a high-pressure water stream. We use soft washing for appropriate surfaces like roofing or softwoods.
Q: What do you remove when you power wash?
A: We remove mold, mildew, algae, lichen, moss, cobwebs, dirt daubers, and gloeleocapsa magma (roof). Man-made stains require additional skills and fees to address.
Q: What are the common surfaces you house wash?
A: Porous: brick, stucco, EIFs
Smooth – vinyl, metal, wood, Hardie plank
Q: What are the other stains you remove?
A: Some of the stains we remove are rust, efflorescence, calcium build-up, egg, and soot.
Q: What substances do you use in power washing?
A: Our wash solution consists of bleach (10% - 12%), water, and surfactant (soap). We apply the TACT principle whenever we clean – Temperature, Agitation, Concentration, and Time. These variables affect what would create a successful cleaning situation.
Q: Why is roof cleaning important?
A: A dirty roof is more likely to attract heat and keep it trapped in your home. This can, in turn, overburden your HVAC system to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature. Dirty roofs are also highly susceptible to developing cracks and can cause moisture to seep through your roofing system, leading to widespread water damage. A poorly maintained roofing system can lead to moisture issues in any home. Not only can it compromise the structural integrity of your roof, but it can also result in mold, fungi, and mildew growth in your home, posing a serious health hazard for you and your family. Mold growth in your roofing system should not be taken lightly. If not addressed properly, it can quickly spread to other parts of your home as well. Lastly, the overall aesthetic appeal of your home plays a vital role in determining its market value. When you keep your roof in pristine condition, you’re essentially making your home look as appealing as possible.
Q: Will you be walking on my roof?
A: Usually, we do need to walk on parts of the roof to ensure that all of it comes clean. When the home is larger, we generally need to walk in the front and back to get around corners and the screen enclosures but can clean the sides from the ground. If the home is smaller and has no screen enclosure or a flat roof is separating the enclosure and roof then we won’t need to walk on the roof.
What process do you use to clean the roof?
A: We use a low-pressure pump (60 psi) to apply an algae-killing chemical mixture onto the roof. This type of cleaning is done on both tile roofs and shingle roofs.
Q: How does rain affect power washing?
A: Rain can make power washing easier and more efficient as it allows for greater visibility and prevents the detergents from drying but certain conditions may require a service to be rescheduled.
• Heavy rain or torrential downpour is occurring.
• Lighting and thunder have been seen/heard in the last 30 minutes.
• Other extreme weather conditions (hail, snow, tornado, etc.).
Q: Will high-pressure wash damage my home?
A: We know how to properly utilize high-pressure washing equipment that can produce an extremely high-pressure output. By examining the type of surface and its condition, our team can set the right amount of water pressure to be used.
Q: Will pressure washing remove mold?
A: Yes, pressure washing can remove mold from your exterior surfaces such as roofing, concrete, and siding; however, to effectively kill the mold, pressure washing should be combined with a bleach solution. When Happy Window Cleaning removes mold from your exterior surfaces, we use a bleach mixture to kill any mold and mildew spores growing. It also gets into and kills off any root systems to prevent further damage to the tiles and to keep anything from growing back.
Q: How often do most surfaces need power wash?
A: For the majority of surfaces, an annual power washing should suffice. It also depends on the materials used to create/build the surface as well as the current condition of the surface, so you may need to increase the frequency of power washings.
If you live in a heavily shaded area or near a body of water, your siding will likely turn green faster than normal areas. If your property has more shade or we have an unusually damp spring, you may consider scheduling pressure washing more frequently. It's also a vital first step for projects like house painting or deck staining, so plan your service accordingly. As a general rule of thumb for exterior maintenance, plan on scheduling power washing at least once every two years, and no more than three years apart.
Q: How shall I prepare for a professional house wash?
A: Prepping for a house wash is very simple and easy. It is always best to take down any decorations or furniture blocking access to the siding. When we are washing a house, we prefer a clear and easily accessed path to the surface of your house as this allows us to ensure a 100% spot-free finish. Ensure that your outdoor water outlets are turned on and flowing properly. Also, ensure that all electrical outlets are properly covered and protected. Move cars into the garage and/or furnishings in a safe storage place.
Q: Do I need to be home while services are being performed?
A: No, we don't require anyone to be home at the time of service as long as all your windows/doors are closed and water is turned on for the season so we can connect to your outside faucet. After the service is complete, we will invoice you for payment.
If you are home, we ask that pets and their families stay indoors until the job is complete. Certainly, we understand people need to come and go. This is accomplished with just a little coordination in the work area. Pets are free to go outside once the job is complete and the work site is cleaned up.
Q: How much will it cost?
A: Beware of the lowest bidder! Happy Window Cleaning may not be the lowest bid, but will always be the company that provides the highest level of value, service, and professionalism to the customer. We work hard to find the right price for each project. Our rates are reasonable, and rightly so since we pay our employees well, and in order for us to achieve financial sufficiency. Our rates are set to leave something left over after direct costs and overhead so we can continue to thrive in this industry.
We provide free, prompt, and no-hassle written estimates. Contact us for an appointment so we can discuss your expectations and preferences and give you an estimate on any or all the above-mentioned services.